The SIA is the industry association of the Swiss private insurance industry. It represents the interests of its members at national and international level.
It does so by developing principles, standards and positions that, through constructive stakeholder dialogue and appropriate alliances, enable the insurance industry to operate under persistently favourable conditions. The SIA aligns its own interests with those of the Swiss national economy and local business communities.
The SIA contributes its expertise to debates in a public and targeted way.
With the support of its voluntary committees and the head office, the SIA contributes its expertise to debates on issues that are important for the economic and social development of Switzerland in a public and targeted way. The SIA assumes political responsibility wherever key success factors of Switzerland and/or the insurance industry are affected.
The SIA thinks and acts liberally
- We believe in liberal and autonomous social and economic order.
- We campaign for restrained government intervention and are committed to ensuring competitive and business-friendly conditions.
- We are not tied to any political parties or civil society groups.
- We have our finger on the pulse and are open to innovation.
The SIA is a prominent player
- We actively exert our influence wherever key success factors of Switzerland and its economic system are concerned.
- We have clear convictions and stand by them publicly.
- We are a reliable partner in economic, political and social matters.
The SIA understands the importance of dialogue
- We maintain dialogue with all contact persons and reference groups on an equal footing.
- We are guided by the strongest arguments and believe that debate should be founded on specialist knowledge and expertise.
- Together with our contacts, we are always looking for sustainable solutions that contribute towards the prosperity and performance of the economic regions in which we operate.